G'day!

G'day

G'day! and welcome to my blog's new home. I'd like to say a big 'cheers mate' to Clay for building me such a fabulous new house.

Here you will find my articles and blogs from the sky documenting my aerial adventure across Australia, and sometimes - when I'm very lucky - around the world!

Lots of airyplanes, plenty of new shoes and hopefully many undiscovered places.


Blue skies,
Kree

Monday, December 20, 2010

Diary of a Dep Ed - Part Three

In a stroke of great fortune, I managed to wangle a flight home from Wagga in an EC145!

On my trip, while departing Broken Hill, I met and subsequently became friends with a chopper pilot. We stayed in touch, and when he had to return the Mighty Machine to Bankstown for maintenance, I was given the privilege of the left hand seat (which, interestingly - and thankfully - is not the Command seat).

A splendid flight ensued - once again I'm in awe of the helicopter and its capabilities - the fact that it needs no runway, can land on a titchy cirlce with an H in the middle, can hovver and has visibility I can only dream of!

As one of only four of its type in the country, I'm a lucky gal to score a trip in it. I look forward to writing the article A Day In the Life of a Helicopter Pilot....

No comments:

Post a Comment